23 July 2007

#27, Friday 20 July

I really hate to say this, but that night's show wasn't really that spectacular, as they go. Granted the last time I was there not only was the show phenomenal but I had front row seats, which rather heightens the experience. There were a few things that stood out Friday night (both good and not so good), but as a whole I felt rather blah about it -- and found myself wishing several previous cast members were there instead of the current ones. Aaron instead of Max, who wasn't having his best night; Ben instead of Rob, because I really miss Ben; Jenny instead of Ann, who I just don't like much at all.

Lea was out as well, and is it awful of me that I inwardly heaved a sigh of relief? I am liking Lea less and less as time goes by. It's not that she's not good, I just find that I don't really like her much. I think this is the same situation as Celia, who I also decidedly disliked. I like Nikki a lot as Fantine, actually. (Also, the stage door is LOTS more manageable without Asian people shoving you out of the way for a glimpse of her.)

Couple other cast changes I should note: Doug Kreeger and Soara-Joye Ross are both gone, with Jeremy Hays and Christy Faber taking their places. I ended up calling Jessica five minutes before showtime just to go, "OMG- Jeremy Hays took over for Doug Kreeger! He's in the playbill!" XD

There was, however, one cast member that I just heart. Oh my god. MICHAEL MINARIK. SO AWESOME. Drew? Who needs Drew when you have MICHAEL. Michael is a rambly drunk in Master of the House -- after other!Chip tossed him out of the way so Dan could sit down, Michael just rambled at Chip and Marya until other!Chip tossed him out of the way again. He didn't molest the girl bending over or Chip like Drew did, which is so much more awesome. And then in Red and Black, he pranced around at "and here he comes like DON JU-AN!" making me giggle helplessly. He was being gay without being, well, Drew!gay. Soawesome. Minor molesting of Adam, and Nehal smacked him after he spilled the bottle. XD Drink With Me, fantastic. He has such a forlorn face while he's singing his lines, and then when Max grabs him, he's really got the kicked puppy look down, and his whole thing with trying to protest to Max that he doesn't really mean any harm, honest! is so damn adorable, I want to squish him. (Also, Max grabbed him by the face after his Drink With Me 'lecture' and literally STROKED HIS CHEEK WITH HIS THUMB. Can we say SLASH EXPLOSION OMG ADORABLE.) And during "Let others rise to take our place..." Michael made me cry. He picked up Gavroche's little flag--AND WAVED IT ABOUT. ENTHUSIASTICALLY. Waaah. ♥ I LOVE MICHAEL MINARIK'S GRANTAIRE SO MUCH OH MY GOD.

Umm... oh yeah, and Alex screwed up the letter. "Can it be only a week ... since... uh... canitbeonlyadaysincewemet and the world was reborn." OOPS. Way to make the flub obvious, there, Alex. Thank god this was the last time I'd be seeing him. Twenty seven times is more than enough anyway. XD

Now I was seriously hoping for Nehal to be on again Friday night, since Max was out earlier in the week. Not so, alas (and obviously if you've read the previous few paragraphs). I didn't really want to hang around the stage door because if I run I can make the 11:20 train rather than waiting for the 11:50 train. (Is it sad or what that I know the PATH train schedules by heart?) But, y'know, I had to talk to Nehal, even if I didn't talk to anyone else. He never takes too long, anyway. Nehal is going to make me blow off work. XD And by that I mean he was FINALLY able to give me a definite date when he'd be on. He said that Max has a wedding or something on Monday 30 July. "B-b-b-ut, MONDAY," I spluttered at him, starting a conversation on work and why weekdays suck for shows. So now Nehal kind of knows where I work. XD I don't remember telling him my name, either, but I must've at some point in the past few weeks, 'cause I got a "See you later, Jenn!" before he left. *g* Hoo dear. Another thing to add to the list of "You know you've gone way too much when..." Dammit, I'm not even sure Aaron knows my name yet.

So, off I went. I stopped at Starbucks, then headed for the train. Train was waiting. And now it's time for an adventure. Never in all my times riding PATH have I ever gone on the wrong train. Before that night. On my 80208346th time on the fucking trains I got headed the wrong direction. This isn't entirely my fault as the train I was on clearly indicated HOB JSQ which is the train I'm supposed to get on. Except it merrily went to Pavonia/Newport without stopping at Hoboken at all, so I had to ride to Journal Square and then switch to the waiting HOB 33 train. >___< Thankfully it was only an extra ten or fifteen minutes, but that's still bloody aggravating. The tip off should have been that the train was in Track 3 and not Track 4 like usual. ...Okay, yeah, I'm definitely too familiar with the PATH lines.

And then I got back to the parking garage where they overcharged me and didn't want to (or couldn't) fix it. I was charged $25 but I was only there for less than 6 hours, which according to their sign should only be $11. And the attendant said, "Oh it's probably because you went from Friday night into Saturday morning." Keep in mind the rates are the same, weekday or weekend. FUCKERS. That's $14 I could have used at Wawa! Three days' worth of breakfast! *bitch bitch bitch*

So yes. Next entry: Aaron at Wolf Trap! :D

No comments: