14 June 2007

Carousel @ the Boston Pops, 13 June 2007

I'd intended to leave by 10, but as per usual I didn't get up right away and I blew fifteen minutes on lj. So I left around 10:30, 10:45. The way to Boston from my house is really rather straightforward. Only problem really was the $4 toll to cross the Tappan Zee Bridge over the Hudson River. I'm pretty sure that if I went up 95 there'd be a toll on some NYC tunnel or whatever, so meh. I don't think you can avoid paying tolls to go to Boston. Could be worse. With only one stop and a lot of going 80mph, I made it to the exit into Boston off 93 by 5pm. And then proceeded to sit in Boston traffic on Massachusetts Avenue for about half an hour. I parked at a garage on... not St. Stephen's Street, the one right next to it. Westland? Doesn't matter; it's the one that cost $19 for an under-10 hour stay. XD It was about a block, block and a half from Symphony Hall either way. So I spent awhile walking around Boston -- it was chilly and breezy and quite overcast, but it was good to walk in. The neighbourhood is excellent. It's mostly residential/student residential, looks like the area of Boston University. I surmised this by all the kids walking around with Boston University sweatshirts.

If you have never been to the Boston Pops, or any concert at Symphony Hall, I highly recommend it. It was a wonderful experience. The hall itself is absolutely beautiful, I have a few pictures which I may upload when I don't feel so lazy. If you buy orchestra-level seats, they will seat you in folding chairs at a table and feed you overpriced appetizers and wine from the bottle during the performance. So I sat and drank Coke and ate cheesecake and got to listen to Aaron sing. :D Whole new definition of having my cake and eating it too. xD

The performance was wonderful. I didn't know anything before about Carousel, but I really enjoyed the performance. Eve-Lyn de la Haye and Rebecca Eichenberger both have really beautiful voices (they were Julie and Carrie, respectively) which was lovely. Everyone was simply phenomenal -- a lot of times you go to a performance and there's one or two performers who just aren't as good as the others; well that was not the case here at all. Everyone was so talented and beautiful, I wished I could have stayed in Boston until tonight to see it again. But... alas.

Oh, Aaron. What to say that I haven't said before? The man is just fantastic. :D ♥ His voice was in fine form, and as for his clothes... well, er, his shirt was about two sizes too small, or in other words, might as well not have worn it at all. It was a veeeeeery nice sight, let me tell you, even as far back in the hall as I was.

Aaron gave me some really exciting news after the show: He was talking to some other fans who were standing next to me, who asked him what his next project was. So I sort of continued that conversation-
Me: Aaron, did I hear you say you're getting a record deal?
Aaron: Yeah.
Me: So does that mean you're finally doing a solo album?!
Aaron: Yes!
Me: Awesome! :D
Aaron: ...well, maybe.
So it sounds as though he's started on the project but the details have yet to be hammered out and finalised. :D HOYAY. I want a solo album of Aaron. I'm probably going to have to burn another copy of Masada soon anyway, the one in my car's already a bit skippy.

And I got two Aaronhugs. :D I ♥ him so much.

So then I drove home. Traffic out of Boston was horrendous, but otherwise it was a very uneventful drive home. I need to put more money on my EZ-Pass now, heh, I'm pretty sure I'm down to the last few dollars. If that. XD

No comments: